How does one who is not at all religious celebrate Christmas? … The same way lots of people do. Presents and eating. We have a tree and a nice dinner and spend the day together. We are thankful and use the day to practice traditions that mean something to us. We will eat chinese food or something that makes us happy, we might play video games or watch a movie. But the day will be about us and the people we love even if we cannot be with them. That is what Christmas is really about.
We are not religious, in fact most of the time we are headed to hell in a a hand basket… well if you believe in that at all. We use this day because we have it off work. It is a national holiday so if we were not actually off of work we’d be getting paid time and a half, but in recent years we have the day off. It is convenient. I like that even if you do not believe in the whole jebus thing that a good amount of people all have the day off of work and can spend time with their family and other loved ones. They can eat and pass around stories or presents or sit in front of the tv watching some horrible tv marathon.
I cannot be with the majority of my family today. But I will give them a call when they are all together and tell them I love them. The family I can be with, I will watch “It’s a Wonderful Life” with and be grateful they are right here. We will wake up in the morning like little kids and unwrap the presents that have been flowing in this week and we will be grateful that we are loved from all across the country. We will eat and drink and be happy. We will order (hopefully) chinese food and carry on the Jewish tradition for Xmas.
The point is a non-religious xmas has endless possibilities, but we are thrilled to have the day off of work to spend with eachother and call our families across the country to remind them that we love them.
1. What time did you get up this morning? 6:15
2. How do you like your steak? Rare
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? — no idea
4. What is your favorite TV show? Property Virgins
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? I’m pretty happy where I am… but the Philadelphia area is pretty nice
6. What did you have for breakfast? cereal
And lots of these questions sound like they would be used as password “security” questions so i’m not answering them and just deleting them… see Why I am a paranoid, tinfoil hat wearing freak and why you should be one too
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? NOT morning… the rest of the day is ok
24. Do you have any pets? bunnies
25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share? uh…. nope. life is pretty boring for me at the moment….hence the list and not a real post.
26. What did you want to be when you were little? I do not remember
27. What is your best childhood memory?
28. Are you a cat or dog person? i’m not picky
29. Are you married? No
30. Always wear your seat belt? yeah i think so
31. Been in a car accident? once… i was late for a final
32. Any pet peeves?
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? pineapple
36. How many times did you fail your driving test? once… it was a bad day…
38. From whom did you get your last email? facebook
41. Like your job? I do not hate my
42. Broccoli? preferabbly made by grandma
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? OtherJ
45. What are you listening to right now? HGTV
47. How many tattoos do you have? 5
50. Coffee Drinker? yes, all the time.