Friday – Spent the day in Winston-Salem. Visited the Tattoo Archive and Old-Salem
Saturday – Hiking with G&M and their niece. Naps then sushi for dinner.
Sunday – LAZY wonderful Sunday, we did get grocery shopping done. OtherJ was able to sort and convert pictures. If you notice on Friday he took all the pictures because we borrowed a higher end camera from his boss. Saturday pictures are mixed between our little point and shoot and the borrowed camera. (which has created a bigger monster than we had before – looks like we’re going to start saving for the nice camera)
Other News: My friend from high school is pregnant with TWINS… silly fertile friends. =)
This was a VERY long hike. We hiked from about 12pm to 9pm nearly non-stop. OtherJ ended up taking 417 pictures total – this has been condensed down to 105ish including some great panorama shots. I think Pisgah National forest – though far away, is our new favorite place to hike.
Since I’ve been slacking.
Great day at the Zoo. Dinner wherever I wanted. Trip to the mall. Cake and drinks. Fantastic day. Even got early presents from Mom & Dad. Definitley icing on my birthday cake.
Last Sunday 4.19.09 – we spent at least TWO HOURS looking at phones before I decided to get an iphone. TWO HOURS… that is way too long to be debating a phone. I wanted a full keyboard and a big screen (preferably touch screen). The phones i went to look at were less than expected. In the end it was between the blackberry bold and the iphone… iphone won because it was cheaper and will be updated in june to the the horizontal keyboard. Its taking me a little bit to get used to not having real buttons.
Thursday we went to the “This American Life” live event at the movie theater… it was really cool. Joss Whedon sang… kinda funny.
Saturday – hiking –
. Hiking ended up being an all day event that started out… flawed. It ended up nicely and like normal… but wow was the morning messed up.
1) We forgot our digital camera at home and did not realize it until we had already driven at least an hour.
2) We drove to VIRGINIA before realizing that I had picked the wrong freeway.
3) More wrong turns because I was paying more attention to the podcasts than to the road.
4) Its 87 degrees outside, we brought along extra water. I’m not used to so much water. I just got a bigger camelbak this year so I hadn’t had to carry 4 liters of water and an ice pack before. My back did not like this. The steep inclines in the beginning hurt really bad.
5) On the top of the massive rock there were loud annoying children screaming about how it was cool to throw things over the side of the rock. I hate people. They should have become human sacrifices but Other J would not let me.
After the new part of the trail we went to the part of the trail we knew we liked and were not disappointed. Took some pictures with our disposable cameras acquired at the gas station on the way, had lunch and a nap and the hiking trip ended well.
Came home watched some x-files and went to bed.
Today – Lunch with 1.0 and Jeff, ran some errands, took a nap, and now we’re down to business.
This place has the worst case of ticks. No where else have we EVER been that we get ticks, this includes rumbling through tall brush with shorts on. NO… This place we get ticks even if we have jeans and long sleeves on… wtf