Last Sunday 4.19.09 – we spent at least TWO HOURS looking at phones before I decided to get an iphone. TWO HOURS… that is way too long to be debating a phone. I wanted a full keyboard and a big screen (preferably touch screen). The phones i went to look at were less than expected. In the end it was between the blackberry bold and the iphone… iphone won because it was cheaper and will be updated in june to the the horizontal keyboard. Its taking me a little bit to get used to not having real buttons.
Thursday we went to the “This American Life” live event at the movie theater… it was really cool. Joss Whedon sang… kinda funny.
Saturday – hiking –
|Hanging Rock 0409|
. Hiking ended up being an all day event that started out… flawed. It ended up nicely and like normal… but wow was the morning messed up.
1) We forgot our digital camera at home and did not realize it until we had already driven at least an hour.
2) We drove to VIRGINIA before realizing that I had picked the wrong freeway.
3) More wrong turns because I was paying more attention to the podcasts than to the road.
4) Its 87 degrees outside, we brought along extra water. I’m not used to so much water. I just got a bigger camelbak this year so I hadn’t had to carry 4 liters of water and an ice pack before. My back did not like this. The steep inclines in the beginning hurt really bad.
5) On the top of the massive rock there were loud annoying children screaming about how it was cool to throw things over the side of the rock. I hate people. They should have become human sacrifices but Other J would not let me.
After the new part of the trail we went to the part of the trail we knew we liked and were not disappointed. Took some pictures with our disposable cameras acquired at the gas station on the way, had lunch and a nap and the hiking trip ended well.
Came home watched some x-files and went to bed.
Today – Lunch with 1.0 and Jeff, ran some errands, took a nap, and now we’re down to business.