Some things I’ve learned over the last three weeks of staying away from added sugars.
1) I don’t eat alot of added sugar really. It mostly comes in the form of sauces like bbq or teriyaki.
2) people will sneak sweet tea into all sorts of things even if you ask for un sweet. This has been my biggest source of slip ups during the last month.
3) Some things are better without the added ransom sugar or other ingredients. Peanut butter and jam have been our biggest surprises.
4) some things are nearly impossible to find. Cereal and bread have been the biggest challenge for me. I actually gave up on bread and found the lowest sugar content possible or made my own.
5) We will probably stick to a low sugar diet after this week is over. It has certainly made us more conscience of the random added sugar to things that don’t need it. Like soup or peanutbutter. But then we’ll have room for the occasional cookie or pie with dinner.
One more sugar free week. But Monday next week I’m certainly going to have a chocolate dipper peanutbutter cookie that I’ve been stashing away.